Take Your Kid To Work Day
Bring Science to life at your Company! Our Take Your Kid To Work Day is an engaging program of hands-on science activities and exploration. We provide instruction and all the materials for up to 15 science stations accommodating up to 360 students and their families. However, we recommend an average of 5 stations and up to 100 students with their families. Our highly trained professional Instructors are able to handle 20 to 35 students per station in an exciting and busy hands-on demonstration.
We also provide one-hour Liquid Nitrogen assembly for up to 100 students.
A Take Your Kid To Work Day has two primary goals:
- Foster excitement and interest in science among students and their parents.
- Bring families together and involve parents in the educational process. Parents also discover how to support their student’s work for upcoming science fairs.
Four Easy Steps for Planning a Take Your Kid To Work Day:
- Contact Us! The Sales and Marketing department at Schmahl Science Workshops will be delighted to help you. Choose a date that would work for your company.
- Advertise the event at your company through Flyers and e-Newsletters and any other avenue you use to inform your families of special events hosted on your campus. Please note that we require time for setup and teardown.
- Yes! We do need Parents volunteers. We request 1 parent volunteer per station to assist us in being a liaison between our Instructors and your families. And, also assist us in expediting in the setup and teardown process.
- Secure the use of an appropriate room on your campus.
Bring Schmahl Science Workshops to your Company!
Schmahl Science Workshops supports and enhances science programs and instruction at Bay Area schools. We work with thousands of teachers in 149 Schools to reach over 34,000 students per year for a total of 800,000 contact hours. Our Instructors are talented scientists and engineers who engage students’ curiosity, imagination and creativity using a fun, hands-on approach to science, concepts and designs. Our Instructors maintain high classroom standards, classroom discipline and constructively focus and engage the student’s attention. Teachers rate our Instructors and our curriculum 4.95 on a 5-point scale.