Advanced Science Research Program (ASRP) continues to create winners
An integral part of Schmahl Science Workshops (SSW) is our award-winning Advanced Science Research Program that prepares junior and senior high school students for science fair competitions. The ASRP mentorship program matches students with scientists and engineers and provides access to advanced lab facilities.excitement of science exploration at the next level.
News: At Synopsis Science Fair 2014, twenty-six SSW research students won awards (out of 35 students entered) and 10 students won top awards at the California State Fair, (including Best Project of the Year), BioGenius, ISWEEP and the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium.
In 2014, twenty-five of Schmahl Science Workshops’ (SSW) ASRP students participating in our Advanced Student Research Program (ASRP) received awards at the Silicon Valley Synopsys Science and Technology Fair.
Shiloh Curtis won the Top Prize at the California State Fair this year! : ShilohArticle
Other awards include:
- 8 first places
- 8 second place
- 7 honorable mention
- 19 special awards valued at over $5,000
- 1 ISWEEP Award
- 4 California State Fair Awards
- 1 Finalist and 2 Semifinalists at the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
In 2013, SSW won Best Middle School Mentor and Best New Mentor and twenty-one SSW ASRP students received the over 40 awards at the Synopsys Championship.
Since 1996, over 400 SSW students have earned recognition including science fair awards and honors, patents and more:
- Top School, and Top teacher awards
- Isabelle Stone Award Grand Prizes
- Grand Prizes and Alternate Grand Prizes Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) awards
- California State Science Fair (CSSF) awards
- BioGenius Competition
- Broadcom Masters Competition
- Discovery Channel Young Scientist Challenge semifinalist awards
- Awards from scientific and engineering societies: the Society of Woman Engineers, American Society of Microbiology and American Society of Material Science
- Patents pending: bio-films to minimize liquefaction, water filtration and antimicrobial agents
- Internships at leading Bay Area companies
- Full scholarships to the COSMOS Student Research Program
- Cash prizes of over $50,000