As a Schmahl Science Workshop Facilitator, you will work at multiple school sites conducting workshops in a classroom, after school or home school environment. You’ll run workshops for pre-K through grade 12 students and deliver a variety of lesson plans—especially within your area of scientific expertise.
- Must enjoy working with children
- Must have a dependable car for transportation
- Must be willing to conduct in-classroom, after school and home school workshops at multiple school sites
- Must be willing to work varied hours based on workshop schedules
- Responsible for transporting, setting up, and maintaining project supplies
- Ability to collaborate with other instructors and interact with school staff employees in an appropriate manner
- Learn and deliver a variety of lesson plans, especially within your area of scientific expertise
- Run workshops using a Socratic method of teaching with emphasis on “hands-on” activities
- Ability to create a safe, positive, and enjoyable environment for learning
- Possess positive classroom management skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and flexible
- Must be punctual, arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your workshop
- Adhere to company dress code
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
BS degree or equivalent experience
Classroom experience a plus
Is this you?
Submit your resume with cover letter to Arlene Mitchel, General Manager.